The best step by step guide to retire early.
Once you dive in and start reading, you’ll learn to think differently about your work and your life.
Learn how to create a customized plan for freedom without debt and with much less hassle and stress — and do it all without extreme frugality or incessant penny pinching.
In today’s work culture, we’re expected to be reachable at all times and to hustle around the clock. But what if you could escape the traditional life path and get on an alternate one, one that doesn’t require working full-time until age 65? What if you could wake up every day without an alarm clock, and do the things you love most, instead of punching the clock for someone else?
Work Optional, named the best new personal finance book at the 2019 Plutus Awards, is more than just a financial plan. It’s a plan for your whole life – a life designed by you, not by an employer or clients. Work Optional walks you through envisioning your dream life, creating a solid financial plan to support you, and achieving a purpose-filled early retirement, semi-retirement or career intermission with completely doable, non-penny-pinching steps.
Best new personal finance book of 2019
Author Tanja Hester and her husband Mark Bunge left their latte-drinking, crazed careerist lifestyle to live their dream life in Lake Tahoe, retiring early from high-stress careers. As one of the most influential voices in the financial independence/retire early (FIRE) movement, Tanja documented the journey on her award-winning blog Our Next Life. Work Optional will help you map out your customized financial plan and health care plan, and make it easy to succeed whether you’re good at math and budgeting—or not!
Work Optional offers practical solutions on:
- How to build a solid early retirement financial plan
- How to account for future expenses you can plan for—and those you can’t
- How to retire early with kids, as a single person, or while supporting loved ones
- How to save money fast without pinching pennies
- How to make your plan bulletproof to withstand economic downturns
You can live a happier, more meaningful life, one no longer defined by the daily grind or the need for a paycheck. Work Optional will get you there.
Work Optional is now available wherever good books are sold, published by Hachette Books and Hachette Audio.
- Order now from Bookshop.org (benefits local, independent bookstores)
- Order now from Indie Bound
- Order now from Powells City of Books
- Order now from Amazon
- Order audiobook now from Audible
- Order now from Barnes & Noble
- Order now from Apple iBooks
- Order now from Google Play
- Order now from Kobo
- Order now from eBooks
- Order now from Books-A-Million